Nelson & His World

Discussion on the life and times of Admiral Lord Nelson
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:33 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Victory for your Christmas tree!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:21 pm 

St Pauls Cathedral are selling a lovely Christmas decoration of the Victory in full sail. If I could justify the expense (it is £12) I'd definitely get one myself. Available at http://www.stpaulsshop.org.uk.

Happy Christmas to everyone.

Regards

Caitlin

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Victory for your Christmas tree!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:00 am 

Caitlin,

Very nice, but unfortunately we haven't been able to have a Christmas tree for about five years now. :cry:

The reason is that we have three cats, and it wouldn't last three seconds! One of them is very docile and shy and wouldn't be a problem, but the other two rush round our flat like the proverbial 'heard of elephants' sometimes, and wo betide anything or anybody in their path (the docile cat has learnt to keep well out of the way)! :shock: The male, the younger of the two (they are mother and son) would also jump up either into the tree, or at the decorations, and cause all sorts of mayhem. Thus we have decided, sadly, not to have a tree at all, and instead make Christmas displays on top of the bookcases in the living room (one of which holds my Nelson books, a bust of His Lordship, ship models etc. safely behind glass doors) with long garlands stretched along them, fairy lights and other decorations. It looks very festive - and is out of the way of any feline attention!

Why don't you treat yourself to a Christmas present? :? My best wishes for a Very Happy Christmas and New Year.