Nelson & His World

Discussion on the life and times of Admiral Lord Nelson
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Nelson Statues
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:42 am 

raldis wrote:
Hi Guys, the quest for Nelson statues goes on! Recently visited Berkshire College of Agriculture, originally Hall Place, the seat of Sir George Clayton East.send gifts online sahulatbazar.com/send-gift-to-pakistan/ Being bit of a Nelson fan he commissioned a statue of Lord Nelson (in the 1830s) and had a brick pyramid built beside it. All that remains of Nelson's statue is the base with part of his feet. Most of the pyramid remains. I've searched high and low for an original sketch or print of this statue at Hall Place but to no avail. There must be one as anyone in those days going to the expense of erecting such a monument would have made a record of it. Help!

Ray

Although I live in the US right now,
I will be visiting Berkshire College of Agriculture next month.......

I'm a senior professor and I've got to deliver two lectures there. Because the lectures are 4 days apart, I will have 3 days to spare.....

Also, I've got a couple of highly-placed friend in Maidenhead, Berkshire. I'll try my best to investigate and locate the sketch or print and let you know the results.

Last edited by ethanaidenies on Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:19 pm 

ethanaidenies wrote:
raldis wrote:
Hi Guys, the quest for Nelson statues goes on! Recently visited Berkshire College of Agriculture, originally Hall Place, the seat of Sir George Clayton East. Being bit of a Nelson fan he commissioned a statue of Lord Nelson (in the 1830s) and had a brick pyramid built beside it. All that remains of Nelson's statue is the base with part of his feet. Most of the pyramid remains. I've searched high and low for an original sketch or print of this statue at Hall Place but to no avail. There must be one alternative to phentermine as anyone in those days going to the expense of erecting such a monument would have made a record of it. Help!

Ray

Although I live in the US right now,
I will be visiting Berkshire College of Agriculture next month.......

I'm a senior professor and I've got to deliver two lectures there. Because the lectures are 4 days apart, I will have 3 days to spare.....

Also, I've got a couple of highly-placed friend in Maidenhead, Berkshire. I'll try my best to investigate and locate the sketch or print and let you know the results.

I'm also a US citizen but study in Berkshire College of Agriculture. We're eagerly waiting for your lectures. And if you may, I can accompany you to Maidenhead, Berkshire and serve you as you guide as I know that area quite well.

Last edited by MarkPaige on Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:00 pm 

its really interesting, I didn't know about the one in Barbados.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:42 am 

Decent, need to accomplish something like this with mine.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:24 am 

Hi its really interesting, Shark Tank Weight Loss Drink Before Bed I didn't know legal steroids for sale otc over the counter phentermine buy brutal force mk 677 results hgh pills for men Gynectrol about the one in Barbados.

Last edited by Bailey on Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:55 am 

I'm also a US citizen but study in Berkshire College of Agriculture. We're eagerly waiting for https://www.stlcurioshoppe.com/v-tight-gel-review/ your lectures. And if you may, I can accompany you to Maidenhead, Berkshire and serve you as you guide as I know that area quite well.

Profile E-mail