Nelson & His World

Discussion on the life and times of Admiral Lord Nelson
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 'Life After Nelson' by Vanda Cain (Amazon KIndle e.book)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:28 pm 

May I draw your attention to my new book, 'Life After Nelson,' It is an Amazon e.book and should be available - with 'The Hamilton Bitch' - as an Amazon paperback in the New Year.

'Life After Nelson' deals with the final years of Emma Hamilton's life, a time on which recent biographers have spent few words, and which I have found fascinating to recreate - moreso than the well chronicled years.

This publication commemorates the bicentenary of Emma's death on 15 January 2015 - so please raise a glass to her!
Seasons greetings and best wishes to you all,
Vanda Cain

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: 'Life After Nelson' by Vanda Cain (Amazon KIndle e.book)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:52 pm 
Site Admin

Many thanks for your post, Vanda.

I'm always glad to have information of members' published work.

Post subject: Re: 'Life After Nelson' by Vanda Cain (Amazon KIndle e.book)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:50 pm 

This follow-on from Vanda Cain's 'The Hamilton Bitch' completes the sad story of Emma, Lady Hamilton, Admiral Lord Nelson's notorious mistress. This volume picks up Emma's story after Nelson's glorious demise at Trafalgar and takes us to its end, her squalid death in Calais, exactly 200 years ago. This may be a fictional account but the background facts have been meticulously researched by the author and makes this book of interest to the serious historian as well as to those who just love a good period tale. The beauty of this book is that Emma's story is related devoid of the rose-tinted spectacles that so often colour accounts of one of history's more infamous courtesans. Despite her genuine grief at the loss of Nelson, Emma was a dyed in the wool party girl, leading a alcohol-fueled lifestyle that led to her financial ruin and early death. The author believes she has now completed her Nelson adventure but what about the prequels? Surely Nelson's earlier loves, Mary Simpson, Elizabeth Andrews, Mary Moutray and Adelaide Correglia each deserve the Vanda Cain treatment.

Ray

Profile E-mail