Nelson & His World

Discussion on the life and times of Admiral Lord Nelson
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:54 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Nelson Things for Sale
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:31 pm 

Sorry all, I don't know where to put this listing, so if it is not in the proper area perhaps in can be moved.
Sadly I am disposing of my Nelson collection. There are two documents one wriiten by Nelson to Sir Richard Strachan. It is mentioned in Colin Whites Books, Nelson the New letters, and Nelson the Admiral. The other is a general order signed by Nelson. All are proffesionally framed by the Glenbow Museum in Calgary Alberta. They were also on display at the Alberta Naval Museum for Trafalgar 200. I also have a Tampion of the HMS Nelson it is very heavy as it comes from the 16 inch gun and has Nelson's head on it. It is made of Brass, and also engraved on the back is from which gun it came from. It is in excellent condition. There are only 2 known to exist. One is at HMS Nelson hanging on the wall there. Their's has been drilled to be mounted on the wall mine hasn't. There are several other pieces. So I will be listing them soon, in the meantime anyone interested please leave me a private message on this website.
Thanks
Susan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:11 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the forum!

Do you hope to dispose of your treasures privately to fellow enthusiasts? Would you consider offering them to dealers, or selling at auction? If you are interested in these options, I am sure people here would be able to recommend by private message reputable dealers or auctioneers.

In a recent sale, a Nelson letter exceeded its maximum estimate, in contrast to other hammer prices, which were low. The financial climate is not seller friendly, but Nelson seems to buck the trend.