Nelson & His World

Discussion on the life and times of Admiral Lord Nelson
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:10 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Naval and military books - bargain prices
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:19 pm 

I've never used the Naval & Military Press before, but I know somebody who thinks they are excellent. They are an online retailer, but with a full, proper address! (they are based in Uckfield in Sussex). Their address is http://www.naval-military-press.com

Apart from Jack Tar (well, I had to mention that), they have hundreds of books that many of you will want to buy, and their prices are extremely good value (at a glance, far cheaper than Amazon). They source their books from Gardners, which is one of the major book distributors. There are too many to mention, but I've just noticed Industrial Archaeology of Docks & Harbours (£6.95, reduced from £17.99), Cochrane the Dauntless (£5.95 reduced from £20) and Jack Tar (£4.95 reduced from £10.99). I would also recommend A History of Napoleonic and American Prisoners of War (reduced to £22.40) and its companion volume on Arts and Crafts (reduced to £28).

They seem to charge a flat fee of £3.95 per order for postage, with an extra £1 per book for those outside the UK.

And until midday on Monday 18th January, they have an extra 20 per cent off all their prices!!

Lesley

http://www.adkinshistory.com

Post subject: Re: Naval and military books - bargain prices
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:59 pm 

Lesley,

Here's an excellent shop to have a browse in London and have a drink in the wonderful Salisbury Pub nearby, or purchase on-line. I have noted that a number of your publications are available at the moment

www.motorbooks.co.uk

Stephen

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Naval and military books - bargain prices
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:27 pm 

Stephen,

Thanks for this - I remember visiting this shop ages ago (though not the pub :( ), so this is another useful source of military books. Cecil Court (near Leicester Square tube station) has some interesting shops. I ordered some books from the Naval and Military Press this morning, by the way, and it was very efficiently processed.

Lesley

http://www.adkinshistory.com