Nelson & His World

Discussion on the life and times of Admiral Lord Nelson
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Three Trafalgar Night Dinners 2019
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:59 am 

Once again, I will be at The Royal Maritime Club, Portsmouth 18 October and on 19 October HMS Victory. Normally the Warrior has Trafalgar Night Dinners but this year, three on HMS Victory so I just couldn't miss the chance to be there. If you are interested attending the HMS Victory dinners, go on the website where you can book. I got the Early Bird rate £180, £20 less than the full price. The third dinner is Thursday, 24 October, Painted Hall, Greenwich. It is organised by the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charities. The Band of the Royal Marines will there and HRH Princess Royal. The tickets for this were expensive (£500)but as my Uncle died recently and served for a while in the Royal Navy I decided to attend and consider some of the money as a donation. I believe the evening is sold out but again you can check on the internet if interested. The Greenwich Foundation, who run the site, decided not to do one this year as the Painted Hall has just reopened. Hopefully they will be back with one next year. I will, of course, let you all know how they go. I have visited the Painted Hall since it reopened and recommend it. However, it looks wonderful in the evening.